Homeopathic Treatment for Acne
Acne is a common skin disease that occurs primarily in teenagers & women due to hormonal changes. The skin's pores get blocked by oil, dead skin, dirt, or bacteria that cause Acne. Acne can also occur in older adults who could experience a sudden acne breakout due to an underlying medical condition. Acne is not a contagious skin health condition, but it can be painful when inflamed and emotionally upsetting. Acne usually occurs on the face, shoulders & upper back when hair follicles get clogged with dead skin & oil. A mild breakout of Acne could lead to whiteheads or blackheads. At the same time, a more severe breakout can lead to small red bumps, pimples with pus, or painful lumps beneath the skin, causing inflammation & scarring. Acne can frequently reoccur and takes time to heal completely. Many remedies are available for Acne, but if ignored, Acne could leave a permanent mark on your skin, particularly facial skin. There is a lot of research, information, and remedies available for treating Acne using various mainstream and alternative remedies. Some remedies provide immediate effect but may not work on the root cause. Thus, it is essential to carry out proper research and select your treating method for your sensitive skin based on the information gathered. Carefully choose those remedies or treatments with a proven track record to treat your gentle skin with no side effects.
Symptoms of acne:
Acne is commonly found on the face but can also be found anywhere on your entire body. Common symptoms are noticed with a mild breakout of whiteheads or blackheads, which could form pimples. There are some conditions of acne that cause inflammation with small red bumps or pimples with pus. In severe Acne breakouts, big, hard & painful lumps or cysts are found beneath the skin.
Causes and Triggers of acne:
- Hormonal changes occur in teenagers while attaining puberty causing excessive oil production and secretion on the skin making the teens more vulnerable to acne. Acne can be temporary until you reach adulthood.
- Hormonal changes in women can also occur at the time of pregnancy & the menstruation cycle.
- Spreading of pimples to other areas through touch or popping them, or not maintaining proper skin hygiene.
- Constant rubbing or friction on your skin due to tight collars, trousers or mobile phones, etc. can irritate the skin
- Ingrown hair
- Lack of sufficient hydration during severe heat & humidity.
- Genetic disposition
- Certain medication & steroids consumption can lead to side effects causing acne.
- Unhealthy diet & eating habits like high sugar or high carbohydrate foods.
Note – We strongly discourage self-medication as this could further complicate the skin condition.
Skincare is a massive area of concern for many people across the globe. The skin conditions vary by person, by geography. Thus, there is a lot of research and information for skincare freely available. But carrying out detailed research, keeping all the necessary information in mind before selecting the remedy for Acne is highly recommended. Many treatment options are available across mainstream medicine and alternative treatments or remedies, making it a complicated process for selecting the remedy best suited for you. Most treatments or remedies for acne help clear it in a few weeks, but there are cases where the flare-ups commonly re-occur. While we hope you make the best decision in selecting your remedy for treating Acne, here are some suggestions for maintaining healthy skin:
- Drink plenty of water & fluids
- Face wash twice a day using cleanser as recommended for your skin type
- Bathing after exercise or work
- Use gentle soaps which is not harsh to your skin
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing to avoid acne due to friction
- Identify irritants, bathing or washing soaps, cosmetics, environment, etc.
- Keeping your skin healthy, clean, moisturized & treat your skin gently
- Avoid popping pimples
- Avoid oil-based make up
- Remove make and clean your skin before going to bed
- Avoid high sugar or high carb diet
- Work on managing stress
How does Homeopathy Help?
Homeopathic treatment targets the root cause of acne by focusing on the symptoms and triggers. It corrects the excessive oiliness in the skin's impacted areas and calms the skin by reducing the severity & inflammation. A homeopathic remedy can provide maximum benefit after understanding the specific cause/s or trigger/s, e.g., hormonal changes in teenagers and women. Our method of personalized homeopathic treatment improves the efficiency of acne treatment. It is essential to share all the details to allow the homeopathic practitioner to choose homeopathic medicines to benefit the person. Homeopathic medication is taken along with other conventional medicines as they don't interfere. Homeopathic remedies are time-tested and have no known side effects.